Here are the main points to better cope with stress
1. We need to deconstruct stress
- Listen to our body and recognize when we are responding to stress.
- Take time for ourselves, identify the source of stress, and try to come up with a solution or a Plan B.
2. We need to reconstruct our lives WITH stress
- For this, we need to find ways that help us as individuals decrease the impact of the stress in our lives. For some this may be yoga and for others this may be high impact mountain biking.
- Call up those positive images and fool your stress response system.
3. We need to use our bodies
- Exercise! Not only will this help our overall health, but it will also use up the energy we have mobilized in the face of stress. No need to run marathons, but we need to become active! Play ball with your kids !
4. We need to see the BIG picture
- Remember that your brain may not know that we are in 2010… he thinks we are circled by mammoths! By relativizing the situation and by applying these simple tricks, we are able to trick our stress response…not only is it beneficial, but it is also beneficial for people around us !